New Student and Returning Students
Applications are now live for Fall 2013
Students may apply for either Main Campus or East Campus housing (review eligibility restrictions). Main Campus Housing consists of Residence Halls and North Quad housing areas. East Campus Housing consists of the Frederick Park Apartments. New students applying for on-campus housing must complete the following steps before accessing the on-campus Student Housing Application:
- Be admitted to Cal State Monterey Bay
- Confirm your intent to attend CSUMB by logging in to your MyCSUMB account and paying the $100 University Enrollment Confirmation Fee.
- Next, you will receive an email from Admissions containing details about the housing application process. After you receive this email, you will be able to pay your security deposit and access the Student Housing Application.
Following are the steps necessary to complete your Housing Application.
Information for Transfer Students:
At this time our housing for transfer students on Main Campus is full, while we expect housing cancellations, we also highly encourage transfer students to consider alternative off campus options at this time for those interested in Main Campus housing or if you will be coming in at senior status or 20+ years of age you can also apply for East Campus Housing. If it is important for you to have your housing confirmed prior to the start of the semester, you need to consider off campus housing, as we cannot provide a guaranteed timeline for an on-campus assignment.
Should you choose to pursue off campus options, there is still a possibility for you to move onto campus during the 2013-2014 school year if space permits. Residents on the waitlist, who choose to cancel their housing applications, will receive a full refund on their $250 Security Deposit.
Check out these resources for alternate housing: Resources for Finding Roommates and Rentals
STEP 1 - Submit An Online Application
New students can apply for either Main Campus or East Campus housing. Main Campus Housing consists of the Residence Halls and North Quad housing. East Campus Housing consists of the Frederick Park apartments. Make sure to select the correct application for the housing area you intend to apply for. Keep in mind that eligibility requirements are enforced and if you do not meet the requirements for that housing area, you will not be able to open that housing area's application.
Logging Into MYHousing
- Log into your MyCSUMB dashboard from my.csumb.edu
- In the "Links" box on your Dashboard selecct "MyHousing"
(If you do not see "MyHousing" click on "Customize this List". From there you can add "MyHousing" to your "Links".)
- Once logged in, select "Go to ApplyOnline" and contiune to select the correct application for the housing area AND term you wish to Apply
Follow the on-screen Instructions
STEP 2 - Pay Your Deposit
Main Campus Pay your $250.00 Student Housing Security Deposit
- Through your CMS account or in person at the Campus Service Center.
- Payments will generally post to your student account within 24-48 hours of the payment date.
For questions regarding the Main Campus Security Deposit, please call (831) 582-3378.
East Campus DO NOT PAY YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT of $250 TO THE UNIVERSITY
Pay directly to Alliance Residential Company. You may pay the Security Deposit one of three ways:
1. Pay the application fee in person at the Alliance Office located at: 603 Thomas Court, Marina, CA 93933
2. Mail a cashier's check/money order with the Alliance Student Payment Information Card to the Alliance Office (see address above)
3. Fax in a completed Credit Card Authorization Form and the Alliance Student Payment Information Card to 831.883.3153
- Pay directly to Alliance Residential Company. You may pay the Security Deposit one of three ways:
To get a full refund on your Security Deposit you must cancel your application by May 31st
- Main Campus Housing Applications are considered complete once the online application has been submitted and a $250.00 Security Deposit payment has posted to your Student Account. Students will not be assigned a room assignment if you do not have both an online application and $250.00 Security Deposit on file.
- East Campus Housing Applications are considered complete once the online application has been submitted and a $250.00 Security Deposit has been paid to Alliance Residential Company. Students will not be assigned if they do not have both an online application and $250.00 Security Deposit on file.