East Campus Apartments
- Housing Options
- Meal Plans
- Move-In Info
- Benefits of Living On Campus
- Theme Housing
- Project Higher Ground
- Leadership Opportunities
- Students With Disabilities
- Resources for Finding Roommates and Rentals
- Cancel Housing
The Frederick Park Apartments form a student residential community on Cal State Monterey Bay's East Campus. Students with families, Graduate students, earned a minimum of 60 units, and those 20 years of age and older are eligible to live in these apartments. The two bedroom, one bath apartments offer comfortable accommodations and a convenient commute to University classes and campus activities. Residents may commute by car, Monterey Salinas Transit, or bicycle.
All students wanting to live in the East Campus Apartments must be matriculated CSU Monterey Bay students working toward a degree. Students must also be enrolled full time each semester they reside on-campus. This means 12 units per semester for undergraduates and at least 6 Graduate Level Units. Students may be asked to provide proof of enrollment at different points in their academic career.
Each 1,200 square-foot apartment features basic kitchen appliances, hookups for individual washer and dryer units, one full bath, and a one-car garage, and either a small fenced backyard or an enclosed walkout balcony. Upstairs units are carpeted and ground-level units have tile floors. Selected apartment units are configured for wheelchair accessibility. You will find playground, athletic fields, hiking trails, jogging routes, and bike paths throughout the neighborhoods.
- First- and second-story units
- Approximately 1,200 square feet of usable space
- Basic kitchen appliances (refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, and garbage disposal)
- MST bus service to and from the main campus and surrounding areas
- Basic cable television access included in rent
- Cable modem access to the Internet and the CSUMB campus network
- Utilities (gas, electricity, garbage, and water) included in rent
- East Campus Parking permit, provided
- One-car garage
- Either a fenced backyard or a walk-out patio
- Laundry Hookups
- Access to coin-operated laundry facilities
- Community Centers in Frederick Park I and II
*Sample Floorplan for an East Campus Apartment*
Measurements are approximate and actual room layouts may vary
Priority housing is given to students with family status in the East Campus Apartments.
Qualifying for a Family License in East Campus Housing:
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older, a full time student at CSUMB and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Marriage: A state certificate of marriage.
Domestic Partnership (according to California State family code 297):
- Domestic partners are two adults who have chosen to share one another's lives in an intimate and committed relationship of mutual caring.
A domestic partnership shall be established in California when both persons file a Declaration of Domestic Partnership with the Secretary of State pursuant to this division, and, at the time of filing, all of the following requirements are met
Neither person is married to someone else or is a member of
another domestic partnership with someone else that has not been
terminated, dissolved, or adjudged a nullity.
- The two persons are not related by blood in a way that would prevent them from being married to each other in this state.
Both persons are at least 18 years of age, except as provided
in Section 297.1.
Either of the following:
(A) Both persons are members of the same sex.
(B) One or both of the persons meet the eligibility criteria under Title II of the Social Security Act as defined in Section 402(a) of Title 42 of the United States Code for old-age insurance benefits or Title XVI of the Social Security Act as defined in Section 1381 of Title 42 of the United States Code for aged individuals. Notwithstanding any other provision of this section, persons of opposite sexes may not constitute a domestic partnership unless one or both of the persons are over 62 years of age.
Both persons are capable of consenting to the domestic
- Neither person is married to someone else or is a member of
Dependent Child (under the age 18): Copy of child(ren)'s birth certificate and court documentation of custody stating that the individual is the primary care giver.
Qualifying for an Individual License in East Campus Housing:
Students must be an enrolled at CSUMB and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Single students: Students who are at least 20 years of age or that earned a minimum of 60 units.
- Graduate students: Student participating in graduate program at Cal State Monterey Bay.
Initial and continuing eligibility is subject to:
- Positive Reference Check: Alliance Residential Company and Student Housing & Residential Life may check with university housing officials for information regarding, but not limited to, conduct, payment information, etc. Please know eligibility may be impacted for a student found responsible for, a party to, or included in documented violations of Student Housing & Residential Life Community Standards and/or the CSUMB Student Code of Conduct.
- Housing Background: No derogatory housing report information from a previous housing facility related to, or associated with, another educational institution.
- Academic Eligibility: Once approved to live in East Campus Housing, residents must be enrolled in at least 12 undergraduate units; 6 graduate units; or 2 Master’s level courses in the Licensure/Credential Program per semester.
- Zero Balance: Residents must maintain a zero ($0.00) balance with the University and Alliance Residential Company, including, but not limited to tuition, rent, damages charges, fees, etc. Having an outstanding balance due for longer than two months will cause residents to no longer be eligible for housing.
For any questions regarding this criteria, please contact Student Housing & Residential Life at (831) 582-4802.