Students With Disabilities
Student Housing & Residential Life will attempt to provide housing accommodations that meet the needs of students with disabilities within a safe environment. Current residents with disabilities who may require special accommodations must submit a special petition letter to Student Housing & Residential Life as well as a copy of the petition to Student Disability Resources (SDR).
Students with disabilities that may require special accommodations must indicate accommodation needs on the housing application. Students are also encouraged to contact a member of the housing staff to discuss housing options and modifications. To aid the process of accommodating special requests, application information should include the following:
- A clear description of the desired housing adaptation or accommodation
- An explanation of how the request relates to the impact of the disability
- An indication of the level of need for the requested adaptation or accommodation
- Possible alternatives if the requested adaptation or accommodation is not possible
Student Housing & Residential Life may also consult with Student Disability Resources staff to verify requested adaptations or accommodations.
Some of the housing facilities have been modified to provide restroom accessibility features such as grab bars and roll in showers/shower seats for students with physical disabilities. Visual alarms for deaf/hard of hearing students are also installed in some areas.
What Needs to be Turned in:
- To Student Housing & Residential Life: Special Petition Form
- To Student Disability Resources: Copy of the Special Petition that was turned in to Student Housing & Residential Life and SDR Needs Assessment, Consent to Release Information, and SDR Information Sheet
We strongly suggest that students with disabilities turn in their paperwork by May 1st for the Fall semester, or December 15th for the Spring semester.
Student Housing & Residential Life
100 Campus Center, Student Center
Seaside, CA 93955
Phone: (831) 582-3378
Fax: (831) 582-3523
TDD: (831) 582-4656
Student Disability Resources
Health and Wellness Services
100 Campus Center,
Seaside, CA 93955
Phone: (831) 582-3672
Fax/TTY: (831) 582-4024